Hello everyone. Welcome to making filters with Eudora. This will only take you through a simple filter. You should already have messages in your in box, and you should wonder how to make filters. The simple filter dialogue is just that. Simple. You can make complex filters, but this web site will not go through making one as it is a lot of work and most people don't need them. If you want to have a complex filter please contact me. Select support when you get there. Let's get started.
1. Close the message you already have open with ctrl+F4. You should be in your message list at the message you're reading. We'll assume you are reading a message from firstname.lastname@example.org for this example.
2. Hit your context sensitive menu key which is on the left of the control key on your right hand.
2. Select make filter from the pull down. Use your up and down arrow keys to find it and press enter.
3. In this dialogue are several radio buttons. If you land on check boxes, the manual and incoming should be checked. Now, the radio buttons to choose from are: from, any recipient, or subject. The from is used when you want any message from email@example.com to go to a separate filter. Any recipient is used for people who write to a list like firstname.lastname@example.org. The third is based on the subject line. Unless you know that the list mail uses the same subject line, don't use this.
4. Select the any recipient and tab. You should see by default email@example.com already filled in.
5. Tab to the next set of radio buttons. Here, you have several choices. The choices are: transfer to new mailbox, transfer to existing mailbox, and transfer to trash. transfer to new mailbox should already have mylist already filled in. Transfer to existing mailbox should be used if you already have a mailbox already created for those messages. A button allows you to select one. Transfer to trash is a blocking feature. Note! If you select this option, you must type in trash in the edit box. Otherwise it won't work. By default the create new mailbox is select so tab.
6. Tab to the create filter and press your space bar on it. The filter is created.
7. You'll notice that the messages are still in your inbox. To manually filter the messages based on firstname.lastname@example.org select all messages and then hit the keyboard command ctrl+j to manually filter. Repeat steps 1-6 for any other messages remaining.
Congratulations! You just created filters. If you have any questions, please and I'll help you. Please note your subject line is filled in already. You may also go to the Contact page and fill out a form or contact me there. Make sure if you fill out the form to check the radio button for support and not customer service. This concludes this page.
If any links are broken on this web page, please Contact SSI. You will get a 404 error and will direct you to go to the Main Superior Software web page. From there, you can click on support. Please Notify me about the broken link so that I may fix it. Thanks.